The Rhody Run is managed by the Port Townsend Marathon Association (PTMA). The PTMA a non-profit organization with the intent to encourage health by offering an annual Rhody Run during the Rhododendron Festival in Port Townsend. The PTMA supports a variety of organizations.The Port Townsend Marathon Association strives to award monies when surplus funds are available. In 2012 (Rhody Run XXXIV) the PTMA awarded the following awards:
- Jefferson County Parks & Recreation $2,000.00
- Port Townsend Cooperative Playschool $500.00
- Jumping Mouse Children's Center $1,000.00
- YMCA Building Futures $500.00 *to be used in South Jefferson County (Brinnon & Quilcene)
- Sunfield Farm & Waldorf School $500.00
- Port Townsend/Chimacum High School Cross Country Team $500.00
Thanks to all of our sponsors that help out with either monentary contributions or contributions in-kind each year for the Rhody Run.
We invite all community youth activity groups and schools to submit requests for support through our new application process. Please visit our Grant Information page for additional information and grant application.